Neat Image 7 is ready for you
Neat Image team is pleased to introduce the 7th generation of its noise reduction solution for digital photography that inherits and refines the highest quality and efficiency traditionally delivered by Neat Image.
The new major version of Neat Image includes the following changes and improvements:
Higher performance: the first GPU-accelerated version of Neat Image
- CUDA support: faster noise reduction using modern CUDA-compatible GPUs
- Multiple GPU support
- CPUs and GPUs working together
- Automated optimization of performance settings for multi-core, multi-CPU and multi-GPU systems
- Additional performance optimizations throughout the application (Windows and Linux products)
Improved user interface
- More intuitive noise profile equalizer with adjustable graphs
- Improved image viewer with several modes and adjustable brightness
- Component viewer built directly into image viewer
- Redesigned graphics elements throughout the application
- Automated preview (full window or selected area)
- Multi-image and single-image modes
- Improved task editor to work on individual images
- Detailed and thumbnail-only list of tasks to work with many images
- New and improved batching facilities
- All products:
Neat Image standalone for Mac OS X
Starting from version 7, Neat Image for Mac OS X is also available as a standalone GUI-based application. Now Mac OS X users can choose between three Neat Image products: plug-in for Photoshop, plug-in for Aperture, or a standalone application allowing to reduce noise in images without any additional graphics editor.
We are proud to announce that Neat Image is now capable of working on Linux too, making state-of-the-art noise reduction accessible to even more users.
- Support for 32-bit per channel images (in Pro edition, in addition to 8-bit and 16-bit ones) to enable HDR post-processing workflows
- Smart Profile: automatically uses two different profiling methods and selects the better resulting profile for more accurate noise reduction
- Improved metadata (EXIF) compatibility with the latest Nikon cameras: D7000, D3100, P500, P300, P7000, S8100, etc.
See history of changes for the detailed description of changes in this version: